Donate to the CreativeDiscovery Museum
Help the region’s leader in experiential
learning expand to meet the needs of future generations. Your donation will help:
- Build 8 new interactive galleries
- Expand STEAM educational focus
- Grow educational outreach programs
- Increase free/reduced admissions
Be an igniter for generations to come.
In addition to renovating and expanding the museum that’s served more than 5 million visitors since 1995, your contribution will help us continue educational outreach and free admissions to millions of children and families in the Chattanooga region.
The region’s only museum that helps kids learn through play.
Using proven, evidence-based principles, CDM exhibits engage the senses, inspire exploration, and ignite children’s passion for life-long learning.
Award-winning and Nationally ranked.
See what your donation will ignite.
A LEADER IN EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING
Fueling the talent pipeline to meet workforce demands is a growing problem in the region. In fact, Chattanooga 2.0 reports 6 out of 10 students are unprepared for Kindergarten. Facility and exhibit renovations will help ensure CDM remains the region’s premier informal education partner in early childhood learning and STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and math) experiences by incorporating:
- Proven research in early learning and brain development
- Experiences that foster critical thinking, problem solving, collaboration, teamwork and communication
- Next Generation Science Standards
- National Core Arts Standards
A GATHERING PLACE FOR ALL CHILDREN
Hamilton County ranks in the bottom nine percent in the nation for economic mobility and childhood poverty, and by 2040 a projected 1.4 million people representing a diversity of cultures will call the greater Chattanooga region home. CDM will continue to lead the region in providing programs and exhibits that are accessible to and celebrate all populations by:
- Increasing outreach programs
- Improving museum access for all populations
- Expanding exhibits and programs that celebrate cultural diversity
A GATEWAY TO A VIBRANT DOWNTOWN
Education, culture, and recreation assets, like CDM, contribute to quality of life throughout the region and attract residents and businesses alike. CDM helps deliver on Chattanooga’s “family friendly” promise and serves as the gateway to the Riverfront District. Exterior renovations will feature:
- New rooftop exhibit that captivates visitors as they enter or leave Chattanooga
- Redesigned plaza and new public art installation that transforms the 300 Block into a vibrant civic space